What family means to you?

>> Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Family means a lot to me, I was brought up in a close-knit family and i not only grew up with my siblings.. but also my cousins. Every saturday, we will meet up at my grandma's house and have our little weeky family reunion. I still remember our younger days when we venture through every little hills and bushes around my grandma's house and trying to make a pool out of my grandma's bathroom... Those were the days.. time flies.. but the tradition is still going on... every saturday night.. those that are still in KK will continue to have the little family reunion and grandma never fails to feed us with her ever delicious food.

After being here in the states, family means more than ever to me.... families in the states are the ones that i never really got the chance to know them as much. Being able to meet up with them, talk to them, brings back fond memories... no matter where we are, what we're doing.. we'll always be a family.. being part of my family had always been a great blessing to me.

Two days ago, we had our little family dinner with family members who are in the states.. when i say little, i mean little as in it's just a few of us out of the many in other parts of the states...they should all move to California. hah~.. Uncle Wilson happens to be in California that weekend and so we had our little gathering in an awesome Mexican restaurant ' El Thorito' !

they sell non-alcoholic margarita -_-'


Auntie Appy and her daughter Kelsi

if u're wondering where am i.. just look right into the mirror way front of the table and u'll see me holding the camera and taking this picture!.. :)

Everyones' bz digging into their food..



She's gonna have to finish her giant burrito.. and i think she did!..

Okay people.. please don't hate me.. haha!.. INTRODUCING... MEXICAN DELICACY!!! ( one of my fav food here in the states, i cannot understand ppl who hate mexican food.. why why?!?!)

eer.. sorry people.. i actually don't remember the names of those dishes.. i will try my best to recall them.. haha in the mean time just enjoy the pictures and smell the food!.. hrmmmmmmmmmmmm

chips with salsa..







Chicken flautas served with cheesy sos and fries...


oh.. this i remember.. fried ice-cream ^^

this is everybody!.. from the left side of the table: Uncle wilson and wife, bjorn, switz and ME!
and fromt he right side of the table: Aaron and wife, uncle Jenus, his two daughters Kelsi and Ashli-jane and Aunty Appy sitting just right opposite me.. :) ciao ciao~

2 comments:

Sendy Monarrez May 29, 2009 at 11:37 AM  

they look like enchiladas or something like that lol
mexican food is the best!! but u need to try the REAL mexican foo!! ;) come visit lah!

Chervie Ku May 30, 2009 at 12:51 PM  

yeap sendy!.. i wish i could try the real mexican food!.. :D

Post a Comment


Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP